Last updated: September 7, 2023
Please read these Terms of Service (“Terms”, “Terms of Service”) carefully before using the
snapinspect.com website and the SnapInspect mobile application (together, or individually, the “Service”) operated by SnapInspect International Ltd (“us”, “we”, or “our”).
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned upon your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who wish to access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you do not have permission to access the Service.
Definition and interpretation
Confidential Information means any information of a confidential nature that is obtained from the other party in the course of, or in connection to, the provision of the SnapInspect Software Services to the Customer. SnapInspect Software’s Confidential Information includes Intellectual Property owned by SnapInspect Software (or its licensors) including the Software and Documentation. The Customer’s Confidential Information includes the Data.
Customer means either a Subscriber or a Trial User.
Data means any data, content, or information held, used, or created by the Customer or with its express authority using, or inputted into, a Website or Software and includes data supplied by the Customer’s personnel using the SnapInspect Software Services.
Documentation means all instruction manuals, user guides, and other information (online or otherwise) relating to the Software and/or SnapInspect Software Services made available by SnapInspect Software, as may be updated from time to time.
Fees mean the amounts payable by the Customer for the right to use the SnapInspect Software Services, together with any establishment and/or hardware fees, as agreed in writing between SnapInspect Software and the Customer.
Force Majeure has the meaning given to it in clause 16.
Integrated Services has the meaning given to it in clause 3.
Intellectual Property Rights include copyright and all rights existing anywhere in the world conferred under statute, common law, or equity relating to inventions (including patents), registered and unregistered trademarks and designs, circuit layouts, data and databases, confidential information, know-how, and all other rights resulting from intellectual activity. Intellectual Property has a consistent meaning and includes any enhancement, modification, or derivative work of the Intellectual Property.
Maximum Users means Permitted Users, or as otherwise agreed in writing between SnapInspect Software and the Customer.
Permitted User means that personnel of the Customer who are authorized by the Customer to access and use the administrative functions of the SnapInspect Software Services.
Personal Information has the meaning given in the Privacy Act 2020.
Service Data means Personal Information (which may include name, data and asset information) of:
- Those of the Customer’s employees and/or contractors who use the SnapInspect Software Services to complete asset inspections.
- Those of the Customer’s employees and/or contractors whose Personal Information the Customer has entered into a Website; and
individuals who use the SnapInspect Software Services.
Software means the software owned by and/or licensed to SnapInspect Software that is used to provide the SnapInspect Software Services.
Start Date means the time at which the Customer completes the registration process for access to the SnapInspect Software Services.
Subscriber means an individual, company, partnership or any other person, persons or entity who has completed SnapInspect Software’s registration process and is using or intends to use the SnapInspect Software Services.
Support Services means the provision of services to support the Customer’s use of the SnapInspect Software Services as those support services are described on the relevant Website or as otherwise agreed in writing between SnapInspect Software and the Customer.
SnapInspect Software means SnapInspect International Limited.
SnapInspect Software Services means the services subscribed to by the Customer, which may include Property inspection software services, including any modifications, improvements or upgrades to the same, but not including any Integrated Services.
Trial User means an individual, company, partnership or any other person or entity who has applied to SnapInspect Software to have temporary access to the SnapInspect Software Services and has been given such temporary access.
Website means www.snapinspect.com, www.snapinspect.com
Working Day means a day that is not a Saturday, Sunday, or a public holiday.
In these Terms unless the context otherwise requires:
- any reference to any of the parties by their defined terms includes that party’s executors, administrators or permitted assigns or both, or being an incorporated company, its successors or permitted assigns or both;
- a reference to
- personnel includes officers, employees, contractors, and agents, but a reference to the Customer’s personnel does not include SnapInspect Software or SnapInspect Software’s personnel;
- a person includes an individual, a body corporate, an association of persons (whether corporate or not), a trust, a government department, or any other entity;
- including and similar words do not imply any limit; and
- a statute includes references to regulations, orders or notices made under or in connection with the statute or regulations and all amendments, replacements or other changes to any of them;
- SnapInspect Software has no responsibility to any person other than the Customer. Nothing in these Terms confers, or purports to confer, a benefit on any person other than the Customer; and
- all references to currency are to the United States of America currency.
5.1 SnapInspect Software access to Data
- The Customer acknowledges that Data entered or uploaded to a Website, Software or otherwise in connection with these Terms may contain Personal Information, and also data for which the Customer may have statutory obligations, including in relation to its retention for a certain period of time.
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that in collecting, holding and processing Service Data through the SnapInspect Software Services and any related services, SnapInspect Software is acting as an agent of the Customer for the purposes of the Privacy Act 2020 and any other applicable privacy law.
- The Customer must obtain all necessary consents from the relevant individual to enable SnapInspect Software to collect, use, hold and process the Service Data in accordance with these Terms.
5.3 SnapInspect Software use of Data
- The Customer acknowledges that:
- SnapInspect Software may require access to the Data to exercise its rights and perform its obligations under these Terms; and
- to the extent that this is necessary but subject to clause 12, SnapInspect Software may authorize a member or members of its personnel to access the Data for this purpose.
- The Data remains the Customer’s property and the Customer grants SnapInspect Software a perpetual worldwide royalty-free license to use, copy, transmit, store, sublicence and backup the Data for the purposes of enabling the Customer to access and use the SnapInspect Software Services and for third parties to access the Data where permitted under these Terms.
- The Customer warrants that:
- it has obtained all consents and approvals that are necessary for SnapInspect Software to access the Data;
- it has the right to grant SnapInspect Software the license under clause 5.3(b).;
- the Data does not infringe or conflict with the rights of third parties;
- the Data is true and correct and the Customer will ensure that the Data continues to remain true and correct; and
- it is authorized to enter or upload the Data to each relevant Website, Software or otherwise in connection with these Terms.
5.4 Analytical Data
The Customer acknowledges and agrees that:
- SnapInspect Software may:
- use Data and information about the Customer’s (and Permitted Users’) use of the SnapInspect Software Services to generate anonymized and aggregated statistical and analytical data (Analytical Data);
- use Analytical Data for SnapInspect Software’s internal research and product development purposes and to conduct statistical analysis and identify trends and insights; and
- supply Analytical Data to third parties.
- SnapInspect Software’s rights under clause 5.4(a) above will survive termination of expiry of the agreement; and
- Title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in, Analytical Data is and remains SnapInspect Software’s property.
5.5 Backups of Data, and Data deletion
- The Customer agrees to keep a separate backup copy of all Data uploaded by the Customer onto the Services and/or Software.
- SnapInspect Software may (in addition to its rights under clause 14) delete Data that is not Service Data at any time if in SnapInspect Software’s sole discretion, it believes the Data does not comply with these Terms, or otherwise at the express written request of the Customer.
- The Customer indemnifies SnapInspect Software and will at all times keep SnapInspect Software indemnified against any loss, damage, liability, claim, proceeding, cost, expense (including the actual legal fees charged by SnapInspect Software’s solicitors) and loss of any kind arising from any actual or alleged claim by a third party that any Data infringes the rights of that third party (including Intellectual Property Rights or privacy rights) or that the Data is objectionable, incorrect, or misleading.
- other than as set out in this clause 5.7(a), SnapInspect Software makes no warranty or undertaking as to the security of the Data, SnapInspect Software Services, Software, any Application Programming Interface that interoperates with the SnapInspect Software Services, a Website or of its computer system or of any information transmitted by either party or held by SnapInspect Software and similarly SnapInspect Software makes no warranty that its computer system or any electronic communication from SnapInspect Software to the Customer is free of viruses or other harmful content; and
- other than as a result of a breach of this clause 5.7(a) SnapInspect Software will not be liable for any loss caused by any unauthorized access to, use of, interference with or damage to the Data or the Customer’s computer system arising from the Customer’s use of the Software and SnapInspect Software Services.
EU Customer privacy terms
If the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) applies to any personal data (as defined in the GDPR) made available by the Customer to SnapInspect Software under or in relation to these Terms, or collected by SnapInspect Software on the Customer’s behalf, the following provisions will apply:
- The Customer will remain the controller of the personal data. SnapInspect Software will process personal data only on documented processing instructions from the Customer, and will not transfer personal data to a third country or other international organization, except where agreed between the parties;
- SnapInspect Software will ensure that persons authorized to process the personal data are subject to appropriate confidentiality obligations;
- SnapInspect Software will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the security of the personal data;
- SnapInspect Software will not, without the Customer’s prior consent, engage another processor to process personal data the Customer provides to SnapInspect Software. Where SnapInspect Software uses (with the Customer’s consent) another processor to process personal data, SnapInspect Software will have appropriate arrangements in place with that processor to protect the personal data to the same standard that the personal data is protected under these Terms.
- SnapInspect Software will assist the Customer with the Customer’s obligations under articles 32 to 36 of the GDPR taking into account the nature of processing and the information available to SnapInspect Software;
- SnapInspect Software will notify the Customer without undue delay after becoming aware of a personal data breach (as that term is defined in the GDPR) and will comply with the provisions of clause 33 of the GDPR applicable to SnapInspect Software as processor of the personal data;
- At the Customer’s option, SnapInspect Software will delete or return the personal data (including any copies) to the Customer after the end of the provision of Services, unless European Union law or the law of any country in the European Economic Area requires storage of the personal data;
- The Customer may have an independent auditor audit SnapInspect Software’s compliance with the privacy requirements under these Terms, and SnapInspect Software will provide reasonable assistance in relation to such audits, provided that:
- the Customer clearly identifies the nature and purpose of the audit;
- the Customer conducts no more than one audit in each twelve month period unless the Customer has specific reason to believe that these privacy requirements are not being complied with;
- audits may only be conducted during normal business hours in Auckland, New Zealand, and will be conducted in such a way as to minimise any disruption to SnapInspect Software’s business;
- the Customer’s auditor must comply with all reasonable health and safety and/or security measures required by SnapInspect Software;
- the Customer will bear all costs of such an audit; and
- the Customer’s auditor will only have access to the data and systems necessary to conduct this audit, and such access will not extend to access to and/or inspection of SnapInspect Software intellectual property or internal financial information, and
- SnapInspect Software shall co-operate as reasonably requested by the Customer to enable the Customer to comply with any exercise of rights by a data subject under Chapter III of the GDPR.
This clause 6 is governed by European Union law and/or the law of a country in the European Economic Area (as applicable).
California Consumer Privacy Act
To the extent the Data comprises personal information (as defined in the CCPA) of natural persons who are residents in California, United States of America (a “consumer”), the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) will apply to the processing of that personal information and the following provisions will apply:
- the Customer remains the controller of the personal information provided to SnapInspect Software for processing. SnapInspect Software will process personal information only on documented processing instructions from Customer, and SnapInspect Software will not disclose or retain the personal information for any purpose other than for the specific purpose of performing the services under these Terms, or as permitted by the CCPA.
- SnapInspect Software will not engage another service provider to process personal information Customer provides to SnapInspect Software without Customer’s prior consent. If SnapInspect Software uses (with Customer consent) another service provider to process personal information, SnapInspect Software will have appropriate arrangements in place with that service provider to protect the personal information to the same standard that the personal information is protected under these terms and conditions.
- SnapInspect Software will cooperate as reasonably requested by Customer to enable Customer to comply with any request by a consumer for the deletion of that consumer’s personal information, as permitted by the CCPA.
- The Customer must pay SnapInspect Software the Fees.
- The Customer acknowledges that SnapInspect Software may vary the Fees.
- The Customer will pay the Fees monthly in advance unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- 5 Working Days after the Start Date and monthly thereafter (unless a different payment period is expressly agreed with the Customer in writing) the Fees will become due and payable.
- SnapInspect Software’s preferred payment method is monthly direct debits.
- If SnapInspect Software permits the Customer to pay by credit card, the Customer agrees:
- such payment will incur a 2.9% surcharge; and
- that SnapInspect Software may increase the Fee by such amount required to cover all other fees incurred or associated with SnapInspect Software processing credit card payments.
- The Customer must advise SnapInspect Software in writing if the Customer wishes to be invoiced rather than using the direct debit payment method. The Customer must pay each invoice for Fees within 5 Working Days of the date of invoice and make payment electronically in cleared funds without any set-off or deduction.
- If the Customer has not paid in advance for use of the SnapInspect Software Services, the Customer’s obligation to pay the Fees will survive termination of the Customer’s use of the SnapInspect Software Services.
8.3 Default interest
- SnapInspect Software may charge interest on overdue amounts. Interest will be calculated from the due date to the date of payment (both inclusive) at an amount equal to SnapInspect Software’s bank’s corporate overdraft reference rate plus 2% per annum.
8.4 Suspension of SnapInspect Software Services
- Without limiting any other right or remedy available to SnapInspect Software, SnapInspect Software may, in its sole discretion, restrict or suspend the Customer’s (and all Permitted Users’) access to the SnapInspect Software Services including Software, Support Services, Website and Documentation if the Customer does not pay the Fees by due date.
Intellectual Property Rights
- The Customer’s obligations under this clause 11 will survive the termination of the Customer’s right to access and use the SnapInspect Software Services.
- As between the parties, SnapInspect Software owns or has the right to use all material provided or licensed to the Customer in relation to the SnapInspect Software Services and Support Services and Documentation, including the copyright in all source and object code, software and screen displays, associated packaging and documentation, trade names or trade marks, patents, registered designs, confidential information and trade secrets (SnapInspect Software Intellectual Property).
- The Customer agrees with SnapInspect Software that:
- the Customer will not at any time question, dispute or challenge SnapInspect Software’s ownership of or rights to the SnapInspect Software Intellectual Property or assist any third party to do so;
- the Customer’s use of the SnapInspect Software Intellectual Property will not create any independent right of the Customer to such Intellectual Property;
- the Customer will not do anything to adversely affect SnapInspect Software’s rights to the SnapInspect Software Intellectual Property; and
- if the Customer provides SnapInspect Software with ideas, comments or suggestions relating to the SnapInspect Software Services:
- all Intellectual Property Rights in that feedback, and anything created as a result of that feedback (including new material, enhancements, modifications or derivative works) are owned solely by SnapInspect Software; and
- SnapInspect Software may use or disclose such feedback for any purpose,
unless otherwise agreed in writing by SnapInspect Software. The Customer agrees to transfer and ensure that any person within its control transfers such rights to the SnapInspect Software upon SnapInspect Software’s request but at SnapInspect Software’s expense.
- Except as otherwise expressly provided in these Terms, each party must, unless it has the prior written consent of the other party:
- use all reasonable endeavors to keep confidential at all times the Confidential Information of the other party;
- effect and maintain reasonable security measures to safeguard the other party’s Confidential Information from unauthorized access or use; and
- disclose the other party’s Confidential Information to its personnel or professional advisors on a need to know basis only and, in that case, ensure that any personnel or professional advisor to whom it discloses the other party’s Confidential Information is aware of, and complies with, the provisions of clauses 12.1 and 12.2.
12.2 Permitted disclosure
- The obligation of confidentiality in clause 12.1 does not apply to any disclosure or use of Confidential Information:
- for the purpose of performing or exercising a party’s rights pursuant to these Terms;
- required by law;
- which is publicly available through no fault of the recipient of the Confidential Information or its personnel;
- which was rightfully received by the Customer or SnapInspect Software from a third party without restriction and without breach of any obligation of confidentiality; or
- by SnapInspect Software if required as part of a bona fide sale of its business (assets or shares, whether in whole or in part) to a third party, provided that SnapInspect Software enters into a confidentiality agreement with the third party on terms no less restrictive than this clause 12.
12.3 Promotion and marketing
- The Customer agrees and expressly permits the disclosure of its name and its relationship with SnapInspect Software for any advertising, marketing or other commercial activities which SnapInspect Software may undertake in promoting SnapInspect Software Services. In doing so, the Customer agrees to SnapInspect Software, in its sole discretion, disclosing the nature of any Services that the Customer may subscribe to, from time to time.
Warranties and liabilities
13.1 Limitation/exclusion of contract and tort liability
- Except as provided in clause 13.1(c), under no circumstances will SnapInspect Software or its employees or other agents be liable in contract, tort (including negligence) or any other principle of legal liability, or to compensate the Customer for any loss, injury, or damage arising directly or indirectly from:
- Any act, omission, error, default or delay by the Customer or its employees, personnel or other agents;
- The provision, installation, servicing, use or termination of the SnapInspect Software Services, Support Services, Software, Website or the Documentation;
- The failure by SnapInspect Software to provide the SnapInspect Software Services, Support Services, Software, Website or the Documentation; or
- The interception of any communication using the SnapInspect Software Services, Support Services, Software, Website or the Documentation,
whether the loss, injury or damage is the direct or indirect result of negligence or otherwise.
- In any event, under no circumstances will SnapInspect Software, its employees, personnel or other agents be liable to the Customer in contract, tort (including negligence) or any other principle of legal liability, for loss (whether direct or indirect) of profits, goodwill, working or anticipated savings or for any indirect or consequential loss, loss or corruption of information, loss or corruption of Data, the cost of recovering such data or information or any reputational damage whatsoever.
- To the extent permitted by law, the maximum aggregate liability of SnapInspect Software to the Customer under or in connection with these Terms or relating to the SnapInspect Software Services, Software, Support Services, Website, Documentation or any other related services will not in any year exceed an amount equal to the Fees paid by the Customer under these Terms in the previous month. This cap includes the exclusion set out in clause 13.1(e).
- Each limitation or exclusion in this clause 13 and each protection given to SnapInspect Software by any provision of this clause is to be interpreted as a separate limitation or exclusion applying and surviving even if for any reason any of the provisions is held inapplicable in any circumstances.
- So far as the law permits, all conditions and warranties on the part of SnapInspect Software which might be implied into these Terms by statute or otherwise, and, in relation to SnapInspect Software’s provision of SnapInspect Software Services to the Customer, are excluded.
- SnapInspect Software makes no representation concerning the quality of the SnapInspect Software Services, Software, Support Services, Website or Documentation and does not represent or promise that they will:
- Meet the Customer’s requirements or be suitable for a particular purpose;
- Align with the Customer’s internal policies or individual employment agreements or contractor agreements with the Customer’s personnel;
- Fulfil or meet any statutory role or responsibility of the Customer; and
- Be secure, free of viruses or other harmful code, uninterrupted or error-free.
- The Customer remains solely responsible for:
- its use of the SnapInspect Software Services, including in relation to the choice of settings or rules that may impact on the outputs of the SnapInspect Software Services; and
- complying with all applicable accounting, tax, employment and other laws applicable to the Customer.
- SnapInspect Software and the Customer agree that they are supplying and acquiring goods and services for business purposes and pursuant to s 5D of the Fair Trading Act 1986 (FTA) they contract out of sections 9, 12A, 13 and 14(1) of the FTA and pursuant to s 43 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1986 (CGA) they agree that the provisions of the CGA do not apply to these Terms.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Customer will indemnify and keep indemnified SnapInspect Software against all expenses, fines, losses (including loss of profit), damages and costs (Loss) sustained or incurred by SnapInspect Software arising (directly or indirectly) from:
- the Customer’s breach of any of these Terms, including any costs relating to the recovery of any of the Fees that are due but have not been paid by the Customer;
- SnapInspect Software’s refusal to provide any person access to the Data (other than Service Data);
- SnapInspect Software’s making available Data to any person with the Customer’s authorisation;
- the Customer, its Permitted Users or any other person’s use or access of the SnapInspect Software Services;
- the Customer or its Permitted Users causing or procuring:
- the upload of any Data into the SnapInspect Software system;
- the storage of any Data on the SnapInspect Software system; or
- otherwise using the SnapInspect Software Software or Services,
in a way which is contrary to or infringes any applicable law, including privacy law, of any applicable jurisdiction;
- any negligent or unlawful acts of the Customer, its related entities or their Permitted Users, employees, officers, contractors or representatives,
unless the Loss is a direct result of SnapInspect Software’s breach of these Terms or any unlawful act carried out by SnapInspect Software.
- This clause 13 survives termination of the Customer’s right to access and use the SnapInspect Software Services.
14.1 Termination for convenience
- Either party may terminate these Terms by giving not less than 20 Working Days’ written notice to the other party at any time.
14.2 Termination by SnapInspect Software
- Regardless of any delay, previous neglect or waiver of their respective rights under this clause 14 SnapInspect Software may terminate these Terms by giving written notice of termination to the Customer if any of the following events occur:
- The Customer breaches these Terms and such breach is incapable of being remedied, or, if capable of being remedied, continues unremedied for 10 Working Days after written notice of such breach has been given to the Customer;
- If the Customer commits an act of bankruptcy or makes any assignment or composition with its creditors;
- The Customer is or becomes unable to pay its debts as they fall due or is deemed or is unable to pay such debts as defined in any applicable limited company legislation or suspends payment to its creditors or ceases or threatens to cease to carry on its working or convenes a meeting of its creditors to propose a scheme of arrangement with its creditors;
- liquidation proceedings are commenced for the Customer;
- The Customer has a receiver or manager or statutory manager appointed; or
- The Customer does or permits anything that causes significant or material harm to SnapInspect Software, the SnapInspect Software Services, Software or SnapInspect Software’s reputation and goodwill.
16.1 SnapInspect Software will not be liable for any breach of its obligations under these Terms (including any failure to provide the SnapInspect Software Services, Support Services, Software, Documentation or a Website) as a result of any event that is beyond SnapInspect Software’s reasonable control (which for the avoidance of doubt includes communication line failures, equipment failures, and power failures) (Force Majeure). In such event, SnapInspect Software will:
- notify the Customer within a reasonable time;
- use best efforts to overcome the Force Majeure; and
- continue to perform its obligations to the extent practicable.
If any term of these Terms is illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever including, but without limitation, legislation or other provisions having the force of law or any decision of any court or other body or authority having jurisdiction, such term will be deemed to be deleted from these Terms on condition that if either party considers that any such deletion substantially affects or alters the commercial basis of these Terms it may give notice in writing to the other to terminate these Terms immediately in which event clause 15 will apply.
20.1 Entire Agreement
These Terms set forth the entire agreement and understanding of the parties and supersede all prior to oral or written agreements, understandings or arrangements relating to its subject matter.
20.2 No waiver
No failure or delay on the part of either party to exercise any right or remedy under these Terms is a waiver of such right or remedy nor does any single or partial exercise of any right or remedy under these Terms preclude the exercise of any other right or remedy or preclude the further exercise of such right or remedy as the case may be. The rights and remedies provided in these Terms are cumulative and are not exclusive of any rights or remedies provided by law.